A customer called us recently complaining that their floor cleaning machine was scratching the floor at their store and requested a visit from an engineer to have the problem resolved as soon as possible. The retail store was over in Norwich, Norfolk, a city which, due to its rich history, sees a lot of tourism, meaning retailers and small businesses tend to flourish here.
Following what was an incredibly dry July, the heat had now been broken by heavy August rainfall which combined with the constant flow of customers coming into the store meant the cleaning team were busy keeping the floors clean. Afraid their Viper AS5160 scrubber dryer would continue scratching the floor it had been kept out of use, hence he urgency.
Investigating Floor Scratching Problem in Norwich
Our engineer travelled to Norwich to see how it was possible that their Viper AS5160 was scratching the floors. After spending some time checking over the machine the culprit was soon identified as an incorrectly fitted pad holder. Like many floor scrubber dryers the Viper AS5160 has the option of being fitted with a circular brush or a pad holder to which you can fit a multitude of floor cleaning pads depending on the surface your cleaning.
Having quickly resolved the scratching the floor problem our engineer spent time educating their cleaning team on how to correctly fit the brush, pad holder and various colour coded pads. The Viper AS5160 scrubber dryer takes the following 20-inch pads:
- BLACK – Stripping Pad – Removes heavy dirt, sealants, wax.
- BLUE – Wet Scrub/Heavy Duty Pad – Severe cleaning when wet, light stripping when dry.
- GREEN – Light Stripping Pad – Removes dirt, scuff marks etc
- TAN – Light clean/Buffing pad – Light – medium cleaning and buffing at the same time.
- RED – Light clean/Buffing pad – Light clean and used for buffing.
- WHITE – Polishing pad – To be used on a surface free of dirt for a high shine.
After educating the staff member regarding the correct fitting of pads, our engineer gave the machine a once over, the last thing he wanted to be called back to the same store after a recent visit to resolve another problem. During the check he noticed that the suction rubbers were badly worn and needed replacing, other than that all was well with the machine and it was put back into service.
Although no real repair was necessary the cleaning team was happy to have the machine back in service and welcomed the extra training that will ensure they don’t experience a repeat of the problem.
Viper AS5160 Walk Behind Scrubber Dryer
The Viper AS5160 Scrubber Dryer is the latest version of the AS range made by Viper Cleaning who are a Danish company with a head office in Copenhagen and part of the Nilfisk group. They specialise in professional cleaning equipment with an aim is to exceed customer expectations with a range of reliable, easy-to-use and service friendly machines. Certainly, their machines have proved very popular and we have several customers who have purchased this model and the AS510 that came before. The Viper range extends from small scale carpet cleaner’s right through to larger machines intended for retail or industrial purposes.
- If you would like to read more about the Viper AS5160 Scrubber Dryer please visit the following article where we discuss the machine in more details: http://sales.a3machines.info/viper-as5160-scrubber-drier-review/
- To purchase the Viper AS5160 visit: http://www.a3machines.co.uk/viper-as5160-battery-powered-scrubber-dryer
- To purchase pads for the Viper AS5160 Scrubber Dryer please visit: http://www.a3machines.co.uk/20-floor-pads
- For a copy of the user manual please visit: http://repair.a3machines.info/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/11/Viper-AS5160-AS5160T-User-Manual.pdf
Cleaning Machine Scratching the floor at Norfolk Retail Store
To contact the A3 Machines service team for help or to find out more about servicing and repairing Viper Cleaning Machines or similar please visit: http://www.a3machines.co.uk/machine-servicing
To read more articles from the A3 Machines engineers, please visit: http://repair.a3machines.info